I looove teacher week! We are squeezing in one last summer vacation right now, so this post is going to be short and sweet but I did not want to miss out on the party!
I also LOVE my new blog design. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Kassie at The Cutest Blog on the Block for giving my blog a little one year anniversary makeover!
Here are 5 random tidbits about ME:
1. I got married in May in the Outer Banks. It was the most fun thing I've ever done! We rented a gigantic house and all of our family and closest friends stayed with us. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect, laid back way to start our lives together! The whole event was so "us."
*Another fun fact: My older brother got ordained online and married us because we didn't want a stranger at the beach to do the ceremony! He now has the nickname "Rev". :)
2. My husband's name is Andy. He's a firefighter in the same city where I teach. We have a dog, Sawyer, who we treat like a child. He was even part of the wedding!
Sawyer is completely spoiled rotten.
3. My dad was the principal at my high school. It wasn't as bad as it may sound because I was a pretty good kid (had to be, right?!). I wish I was at home to share a high school picture, but I'll just have to leave the awkwardness to your imagination.
4. In high school and college, people used to get my best friend and I mixed up all.the.time. It was ridiculous. We get it less often now...but what do you think? Twins or no?
This is us during our freshman year at Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!
Maegan is in Uganda serving as a missionary since January and I miss her SO daggone much!
5. Andy and I hope to have children of our own in the future but for right now we LOVE lovin' on our friends' babies and our precious nieces and nephew.
6. I've seen Bon Jovi concerts in 4 different cities. Maegan and I may been considered groupies for a short time. We actually traveled to Denver to see him one time (from Virginia...wow) and it was totally worth it because we had front row seats. No one believes me except Maegan, but Jon Bon Jovi did indeed blow me a kiss at one of the concerts. And I liked it.
7. I met M.C. Hammer when I was a little kid in an elevator in Richmond.
8. If I go to a restaurant and they have fish tacos on the menu...there is a 95% chance that is what I will order. My favorite fish tacos of all time are from a little place in Blacksburg, VA called "Cabo Fish Taco."
9. I wish I could draw. Even my stick figures are sad. :(
10. My favorite place in the world to be is at the beach! Which is where I am now...which is why I need to get off of the computer. :)
Don't forget to link up and check back all week for fun teacher week posts!
Happy Back to School!