Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Money Bugs!

Is anyone else working on counting coins this week??  I just finished making a few activities that I can't wait to use with my kiddos. My laminator is warming up as I type this!
 
My kids LOVE "read around the room" activities this year so I made a "count around the room" money game called "Money Bugs."  Get it? Like money bags? 
 
Get it? Get it?
 
 
I thought I was really clever but Andy just gave me a strange look when I told him.  Sigh.
 
If you are interested, check it out at my TPT store.  It includes dimes, nickels, and pennies but NOT quarters. Just FYI! :)
 
 
 
We have been enjoying an absolutely perfect Sunday.  I've been busy, busy, busy on plans after a long walk with the pooch and a grocery store run. Andy is busy studying for a BIG paramedic test for work tomorrow. 
 
lazy.
Today, I am thankful for the electrical outlet on my screened-in deck because it doesn't make me feel so bad to spend the entire day on school work when I can enjoy the fabulous weather and a cool breeze!
 
I am also thankful that yummy fruit is starting to be in season.  I can hardly stand to buy it in the winter when it doesn't even taste like real fruit!
 
Oh yea...and riesling.  I'm thankful for that too. ;)
 
I am also thankful that you decided to stop by my blog today so I have a FREEBIE for you.  This is basically the game of "WAR" with coins.  I just don't like calling it war...don't ask me why, I just don't...so I call it "top-it." 
 
Students will pair up and take turns turning over the top card on their stack.  The person with the highest amount gets to keep both cards...you know the drill.
 
This is war top-it of the coin variety and it's yours if you would like it!
 
 
This also includes mostly dimes, nickels, and pennies.  The last page does include some quarters in isolation that you can leave in or take out but it does not include a lot of practice with counting quarters. 
 
So if your kids are smartie-pants and already know how to count quarters with dimes, nickels, and pennies...SORRY!  hehe.  We're not quite there...yet...
 
but...practice makes progress!
 
Happy Monday and Happy Teaching to You!
XO
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I love that money game! Thank you for sharing. :)

Kristine
Kristine's Book Reviews

Anonymous said...

Clothes out аnԁ drying, tіme for a calming
afternoon going oveг the posts on here... may hаve to рop tо the
ԁump later wіth some junk though

My ωеb blοg: www.sacstateasce.org

Post a Comment