Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hollywood, Pumpkins, and a Freebie...Oh my!

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow after school?
 
Having a conference with a parent?  Faculty Meeting? Staff Development?
 
Nope.  Something *slightly* more fun. Just slightly.
 
Give up?
 
I'm (hopefully) going to watch this handsome guy film a movie.
 
 
Remember him from Sweet Home Alabama? LOVE that movie.
 
"Hollywood" has invaded my fiance's little family farm in Giles County, VA. :)
 
 There is a movie being filmed there and we are going to head over tomorrow afternoon and see what it's all about.  I'm looking forward to seeing how everything is set up and watching them do some takes.  I'm hoping we make it in time to see some of the action.
 
Unless I get discovered tomorrow on the set and run off to Hollywood...I'll be studying PUMPKINS with my kiddos this week.
 
So, basically...I'll be studying pumpkins with my kiddos this week. ;)
 
I'll be using several things from my Fall for All Math & Writing Pack.
 


 
 
I also stumbled upon Jennifer's awesome pumpkin freebies (over at First Grade Blue Skies) tonight.  I think I'll have to squeeze a few of these things in too.
 
My favorite part of the week will most definitely be watching "Spookley the Square Pumpkin" movie.  Usually I run around like a mad woman while the kids are watching a video...getting things done, pulling kids to make things up, etc.
 
 
 
I can't ever tear myself away from Spookley, though. It's ridiculous.
 
Love the book, love the movie...and I'll have the song stuck in my head for days.
 
I can't wait to make our "Spookley Inspired" pumpkin patch, too. 
 I love how different they all turn out! I'll be sure to post pictures of them when we're finished.
 
The directions and template is included in my Fall for All pack as well.
 
As I was grading spelling tests today, I happened to think that someone might be able to use my spelling test paper. 
 
I use word study in my classroom.  We sort and do all kinds of word work activities during the week. At the end of the week, I call out words like a traditional spelling test for the front of the test.  On the back, students write review sentences that I call out loud.
 
For example, this week we are working with ot/og/op word families.  So I will call out mop, top, jog, fog, hot, shot, etc. for the front of the test.
 
On the back I will call out sentences that use all of the past word families we've studied as well (at/an/ad/ag/ap/it/in/id/ig/ip, etc.)
 
This cat can jog.  My mop is in the van. Dan is a pig that likes to nap.  etc. 
 
I like to make my sentences extra weird to make the kids giggle.
 
That's just how I get my kicks.
 
Click on the picture to get your free copy!
 

 
 Happy teaching to you!
 
Photobucket
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! Love the spelling test freebie!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Miss Nelson said...

Great freebie. Love the format.

Post a Comment